June 15, 2020
June has entered through the gates of summer, the sun is warming us even more strongly … and we can assure you that after a month and a half a beautiful comet will land in the fortress!
This was a time of change for all of us. Especially during the months that were filled with unpredictability. During this time we created several outcomes for this year’s Komēta, and one of them would be to cancel the festival altogether.
However, today we are glad and oh, so happy, to announce – Komēta festival 2020 will happen!
- The festival does not change the place and time, so it will take place from July 31 to August 2 in Riga, Daugavgriva Fortress.
- Due to the existing restrictions, instead of the planned international program, this year we’ll have a program of wonderful local and Baltic musicians and artists, for whom any performance is important at the moment, as most of the events have been canceled. The festival program will take place on two stages and will be announced soon!
- All restrictions announced and yet to be announced will be respected during the festival, including the specified distance of two meters between persons.
- If you are currently abroad and will not be able to attend the festival this year due to travel restrictions, contact us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will offer you the opportunity to exchange this year’s ticket for next year’s “Komēta” festival.
- Continuing the idea of “Komēta” long-term goal – to revive the Daugavgrīva fortress and the surrounding areas as a place of culture and thought, we will organize additional events in the Daugavgrīva fortress in the summer. Information about them will follow soon!
Adapting to new rules and challenges isn’t easy, but our team will work to make this year’s festival full of magic and wonder so that we all reach the same cosmic spark as in previous years … and even more.
See you soon,